HELLO PEOPLE!! :D
This is the official event page for 30-Hour Famine DIY Camp @ Taylor's Lakeside Campus this year (2013)!!
What is 30-Hour Famine?
The 30-Hour Famine is a global movement against hunger and poverty. Participants go without food for 30 hours and get a glimpse of the dire conditions that children and families in need endure everyday.
They also raise funds, transforming their hunger into hope for children and families in need. The Famine aims to inspire and empower ordinary people to care for those in need, both locally and globally.
- The Famine movement began in Canada 38 years ago, and has now garnered a following of 1.5 million supporters across the globe.
- The Famine is run in 13 countries including Taiwan, Hong Kong, Korea, Singapore, New Zealand, the United States of America, the Netherlands and South Africa.
- The Famine has raised over RM12 million over 14 years in Malaysia.
Where is the DIY Camp?
Taylor's University Lakeside Campus
When is it?
The event will start at 10am on the 13th July 2013 and end at 4pm on the 14th July 2013. Campers will stay in the DIY camp which is going to be held at Taylor's University Lakeside Campus for 26 hours and the final 4 hours countdown will be at Stadium Putra, Bukit Jalil. However, campers are required to arrive at least half an hour earlier (before 9.30am) for registration. Please take note that you are not allowed to eat anymore starting from 10am sharp until the event ends (4pm on the following day).
How to register for the DIY camp?
1. Fill in the registration form (you may get it from Christina Lim).
2. Pay RM20 of registration fee (for transportation, food, T-shirt etc.)
3. Collect your donation booklet and collect donation of minimum RM80 (whoever fail to collect a minimum amount of RM80 will not be able to join the DIY camp, MIN. DONATION OF RM80 IS COMPULSORY!)
If you are interested, please facebook massage/ email/ whatsapp Christina Lim to arrange a time to meet up or you may also visit our booth at Taylor's University to find out more about the DIY camp!
Who is invited?
This year we are only limiting up to 300 campers. it's on first come first served basis so please register yourself as soon as possible! (:
Wei Wen (Camp Leader) : 017-493 3150
Christina (Registration) : 016-794 7960/ firstname.lastname@example.org
If you have any questions, please do not hesitate to ask! I will reply you as soon as possible :D
World Vision Malaysia official website www.worldvision.com.my/v1/